From:
Rene' Delehanty-Eichem <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Oct 1998 10:02:15 -0500

I recently received the following e-mail message from a young lady who
found my own research paper on Celiac on the Internet. Her grandfather has
recently been diagnosed with CD, and she would like to write a research
paper about the disease for a class project.

If anyone has a few minutes to spare, please send her an e-mail explaining
who you are, your symptoms before diagnosis, and how & when you were
diagnosed, etc. She is especially interested in statistics such as how many
females vs. males have the disease, how many in the U.S. vs. overseas, etc.

Thanks!

FYI: Here is a copy of her e-mail message to me:

------------snip----------

Hello, my name is Amanda Schock, and I am a junior at the Elgin/New
Leipzig High School in Elgin North Dakota.

I'm doing a research paper on the celiac disease, and I was wondering if
you had any information that you could send me, or if you'd be willing
to be a contact person for me.

I'm interested in this disease because 3 years ago, my Grandpa Albers
was diagnosed with the disease, and I've been trying to learn more about
it ever since, but now I'm actually doing something about it.

I would really appreciate any help you can give me.  I will include my
address and email address at the end of this message in case you do find
some information that you would be able to send me.

Thank you for any help you can give me, and for your time.

Amanda Schock

Amanda Schock
P.O. Box 239
New Leipzig, ND  58562

A. Rene' Delehanty-Eichem, Publications Editor/Writer
University Publications, Kansas State University
5 Anderson Hall, Manhattan, KS 66506-0118
Office: 785.532.6419    Fax: 785.532.6406
<mailto:[log in to unmask]> <http://www.ksu.edu/univpub>

The product said to use Windows or better--so I bought a Mac!