From:
Ann Sokolowski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Oct 1998 23:21:20 -0400

As I reported in "weird and wonderful", after 6 months on a gf diet, I
am no longer lactose intolerant.  I've gotten an explanation and an
address to check out more info:

"the enzymes that process lactose sit on the intestinal villi--damaged
villi cannot hold the enzymes.  Repair the villi and it is quite common
for the enzyme to reappear.  Lactose intolerance is commonly a secondary
symptom for celliac that clears once the celiac is under control."

This is from http//www.celiac.com/frequent.html#celiac

(look under "How is lactose intolerance related to celiac disease?"
they also state that it usually takes a year or more to occur.  I think
that mine was accerlated because I took L-gliutamine & megadopholus to
cure "leaky gut".

I must say, it's great to feel great.  Now, my next goal is to lose all
this excess weight.  I firmly believe that as my body heals, the weight
will even out.

Thanks for all your congrats and good wishes
Ann