From:
Linda Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Dec 1998 17:06:29 EST

I'm one of the responses included in the summary on Dentist/Crowns, etc. Since
I wrote, however, my dentist indicated that he "wondered" if the adhesive to
hold down temporary and permanent crowns is gf or not. He seemed to have a
hard time locating a container with a list of ingredients at the time. I did
look at the fluoride treatment gel ingredients before he used it. There did
not "appear" (I'm no chemist) to be gluten other than for what might be in the
artificial flavoring, if that causes anyone to react. We really need to have
an organized way to educate the medical profession, as a whole...anyone who
puts a chemical on or into us. If it's not an organized front with strength in
numbers, than even the nicest, old friend of a dentist is apt to think it's a
highly unusual problem, limited to one person who isn't about to die in his
chair; hence, it's hard to get him motivated.
Is there anyone out there who works in the dental field or who has the time to
get hold of a list of companies that supplies materials to dentists, to
contact them for gf status of standard products, the way we do foods and
common drugs?  (I'd undertake it myself, but my work schedule already has me
on overload.) Linda