From:
Bruce Boschek <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Dec 1998 08:41:40 +0100
Hello Michael and listers,

In <3.0.6.32.19981212180204.0079a100@pop-server>, on 12/12/98
   at 06:02 PM, Michael Gray <[log in to unmask]> said:

>I've been having problems with my system rebooting at random times
>recently.

In my experience, most "spontaneous reboots" seem to result from static
electric discharges at the keyboard. I don't know what part of the world
you are from, but if it is cold and dry there, check for wool clothing,
synthetic-covered chairs, etc. Try wearing a grounding wrist-strap for
awhile. I have keyboards that have a conducting space bar to discharge
the static electricity when I touch them, but if I forget and grab for
the mouse after rolling across the PVC floor on my rolling office chair
my machines will often reboot. This phenomenon rarely happens in summer
when the air is more humid. There are grounding mats to put on the floor
in front of the computer and they do work.

Sorry I have ignored your thoughts about the CD-RW being the cause.
Nothing comes to mind here as to why such a unit would cause rebooting.
Sorry if I am "barking up the wrong tree" on this one.

Best wishes,

Bruce