From:
"Richard T." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Dec 1998 01:34:23 -0500
Elizabeth:
              I just got a bad disk and went thru a very similar
experience,but with the opposite, a bad upgrade!! I had put together an FIC
vx board with a 233 Intel MMx, pretty new CD,soundcard,S3 Virge,64 megs..Mine
would stop when the configuring windows screen came up..I'd get the all too
familiar blue screen saying my CD was dirty or something..finally, I got that
version in and then when I'd turn the 'puter off.. i'd get an illegal!! I
just re-formatted, fdisked and put an OEM version right in, perfectly.. My
deduction is that it's a bad CD..I'm gonna call Redmond and scream at
somebody !!<g>
Good Luck!
Rich Tabas
Philly, Pa

> So, I don't
> have a crisis, I just want to know WHY!!
>         Should I assume the Windows 98 cd is bad?

             to be posted to: [log in to unmask]