From:
Earl Truss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Nov 1998 10:41:09 -0600
Some modem makers exclude lightning damage from their long-term warranties.
 I know that Zoom does as my 28.8 was damaged by lightning after I had it
just over a year.  However, it only cost me $30 to get it fixed and they
upgraded the ROMs while they had it.  I'm still using it four years later.

                                  -----