From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Oct 1998 11:49:53 -0800
On 25 Oct 98 at 22:48, Angel H. Ortiz wrote:

> I need to find the use for a 68 pin module which has four chips
> labeled "intel flash" and some numbers: e28f008sa  and 120 and
> u71969piz    I'm confused about the 68 pins...? where is this
> memory used?

  I know of two common 68-pin connectors.  One os for wide SCSI, and
we can assume that doesn't apply here.

  The other is for PC Cards (used to be PCMCIA); flash memory is a
farily common feature amongst such cards.  So it sounds to me like
you may have a flash memory PCMCIA card, perhaps with its outer
plastic casing removed.
  If this is the case, the module will be about the size of a credit
card, but up to about 1/8" thick and with the contacts across one
end.  [If this doesn't sound like the module you've got, please try
to describe it in more detail.]

  Flash memory cards are often used in PDAs and digital cameras, and
sometimes in laptops and networking equipment.

David G

                                  -----