From:
"Brian L. Johnson" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Oct 1998 13:05:02 -0700
On 25 Oct 98, Patrick Black wrote:

> For some reason after the memory test at post the computer refuses to go
> anyfurther.  It scans
> through 16 meg of memory twice and ends up and shows 2 meg of memory ok.
>
> If I hit escape to skipp the mem test it shows 16 megs ok. but still freezes
> at the option
> to enter the cmos setup (press del). I try pressing del but nothing works.

It might be a disk problem, because I had a situation like that. I went out and bought a
used 1284mb HD, and tried to plug it into my old Win3x/486 system, and not only would it
not read, but my computer would not proceed past the memory check or go into the CMOS
setup. To make a long story short, it turned out that the HD was formatted under FAT32,
and my old controller would not deal with it, and I had to take the drive and get my
money back.

Now how this relates to you, I don't know. Maybe I'm rambling, cause I'm strictly an
enthusiastic amateur at PC building, but I hope it might shed some light into the
problem. If not, no harm is done. :)

Brian Johnson
ICQ# 19879213
http://www.pcisys.net/~blj8