From:
Patrick Black <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Oct 1998 12:25:30 -0400
To determine 8-N-1 ( at least on Hyperterminal Private Editon, which can be
found
on the internet or on your local BBS) when the dial prompt comes up. Click
on the modify button. Then after the next windows pops up click on the
configure button
underneath the Connect to: <The modem your using> dialouge box. When the
next
windows pops up click on the connection tab.  Under Connection Preferences
you should have a setting of data bits 8, parity none, and stop bits 1.

I hope this helps. When I connected I got in just fine.  You may have to
press escape
twice after connect.  This is required on some boards using Front Door
frontend mailer.

--Patrick Black