VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
will Herzog <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 14 Jan 1998 16:16:05 -0800
Heather Achtziger wrote:

> On a personal note, I'm really excited to have found this list.  I've only
> been on it for about two days, and already I've learned a lot.

I've learned that my blind wife gets depressed about my trying to learn
too much.

  She struggles to learn to use computers, and as I understand
> it, the loss of DOS-based programs has made that even harder.

Dos isn't lost.  In some cases it is now more affordable.  We got word
perfect for dos because my son was done with it; as he upgraded his
machine.
 I only had to buy the dektalk and vocal-eyes.

the needs of visually
> impaired computer users are compelling and prevalent.

Follow this list and the list,

         Blind-ETC Your everything else list for the blind and visually
impaired <[log in to unmask]>
      To:

 and netnews alt.comp.blind-users
and alt.disability.blind.social

and you will get a lot "from the horse's mouth".

hoome
retired
word perfect
 (DOS,
> What other types of hardware do you use? (printer, modem, scanner, etc.)
Reading Edge

>    If you answered NO to question number 7, how did you learn to use these
>    applications?
She learned at work, and I help too much for her to do it independantly.

>    In your opinion, what features make documentation hard to use?
can't read it on computer and use it at same time, and if stuck gotta
quit to ensuer can save what's done.
--
Will; K2LB  <[log in to unmask]>