VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kelly Pierce <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kelly Pierce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 May 2000 07:10:40 -0500
On Sun, 30 Apr 2000, Jim Vaglia wrote:

> In my personal opinion the price of the course is not all that bad when one
> considers how much it would cost to receive similar instruction at a
> training center,

True, but let's also consider other alternatives that are less costly but
perhaps equally effective.  Specifically, training tapes are one tenth of
the cost of these courses and provide much helpful instruction.

but wouldn't one have to have a fare amount of knowledge to
> be able to access the Audio-Tips site in the first place?
>
> I'm kind of curious on a personal level on how many would take advantage of
> the below online course?

Not me.  Interestingly enough, I am switching from dos to Windows right
now, so I am interested in training options.  However, it is kind of funny
to offer a course in learning windows 98 and expect someone to be able to
navigate an audio program in Windows when the end user doesn't know the
difference between a start menu from a context menu.

kelly