VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Johan Roos <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 May 1998 16:56:34 +0200
Steve Zielinski wrote:

"usenet is a series of world wide discussion groups.  There maybe
almost 20,000 groups now adays, and it's constantly growing."

Am I right in supposing that e-mailing discussion groups developped
subsequent to the advent of usenet?  These e-mailing groups seem very
popular and in my experience they are far more convenient.  Why is it then
that usenet is not on the decline?

I would be very interested to know what discussion group junkies think.

Johan