From:
johnfarrow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Jan 1999 08:14:56 -0700
John Chin wrote:

> After a point, it is not worthwhile spending money on a 486 system.
> Classic Pentium motherboards and CPUs cost the same as 486 parts,
> about $80 for a FX or VX class motherboard and a 166MHz Pentium
> processor. Double that money and you can get a Celeron 300A and a
> AT form factor motherboard. Assuming you have pairs of 70-pins SIMMs
> and a PCI video card, that sort of upgrade makes more sense.
>
> Best of luck.
>
> John Chin

John,
   I have a Zeos Pantera 90 MHZ Pentium.  It has 70 pin SIMMs and PCI
video.

If I read and partially understand your above quote, can I upgrade to a
Celeron 300A System for around $160?

John Farrow

BTW  I want to apologize to the list for the multiple message problem
that I caused.

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html