From:
Bob Chapel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Jun 1998 03:13:25 +0000
Paul,

I know that Windows NT Server supports disk duplexing and disk
mirroring. If this is for a home system I would be more inclined to
use disk mirroring as this can be accomplished using only one of your
IDE interfaces. Duplexing requires the use of both.

There may be other OS's that support this but I am not familiar with
them...another possibility would be purchasing a "hardware Raid"
apparatus..I don't know much about them or if they work with other
than server OS's but perhaps others on the list could expand on this.

Frankly..unless you have a free source of Server software..you're
looking at a lot of $$$$$ for the pleasure of duplexing..again..if
it's for a home system I don't really see the utility of it with all
of the other backup options open.

But might be fun just to DO it?

Regards,
Bob Chapel