From:
Gregg Carter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Sep 1998 18:30:01 -0400
On Wed, 2 Sep 1998,
> From:    Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
>
> I set aside about 2 cups of mixed nuts per day as my "allowance,"
> just to keep track of things.  Nutritionally, this comes to about
> 1,600 calories, about 48g of protein, 70g of carbs, of which 25
> are fiber, so the "effective" carb count is 45g.  For meats, I
> use the leanest I can find, in relatively small portions.  I eat
> salad greens and other greens, but not in quantities that make
> much of a caloric contribution (i.e., not by the bushel).  The
> idea is to get most of my calories from the fat in the nuts, and
> to split the protein between the nuts and the meat.
. . .> So, my caloric intake varies between 2,000 and maybe 2,400
> calories, which is low enough for me to lose weight slowly.

Todd, one thing I've learned about nuts (which I have turned to more
frequently since I started my caveman diet), is that the nutritional
charts on them -- including their high fat content and their supposed
problem for dieters -- are pretty worthless.  All's you have to do is
check your stool, where you'll find most of what you consumed in a still
undigested form.  Thus, I've found eating a good amount of nuts is both
satisfying and weight-loss enhancing.  Cheers!  Gregg