NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 28 Jun 1999 16:20:25 -0600
: I am thinking about purchasing the FAN School Food
: Allergy Program for my daughter's school.

Deborah -

I purchased this for my daughter's preschool last year, and
have already purchased one for her new school as she also starts
kindergarten in the fall.

It's a very comprehensive notebook of information, divided into
sections for different staff positions at the school - nurse,
principal, teacher, etc.  There is an incredible amount of detailed
information, example emergency plans, etc.

The video is good, too, although for us in particular I thought it
was a bit overdone.  But, that's because Alyssa has never had a
full anaphylactic reaction... one reaction had early signs, but we've
never had to use an EpiPen. We do prepare as though any ingestion of
peanut or egg may be anaphylactic, though.

I'd highly recommend it, even at $75.  Especially if you're dealing
with a staff who is unfamiliar with food allergy.  It does tend to
focus on anaphylaxis, so if that is not a concern for your daughter,
it might not be the right info.  (i.e. they may think it doesn't apply
to them, since she won't have that type of reaction... )

Laurie (and Alyssa, 4.5yo, allergic to dairy, eggs, peanuts and walnuts)