CEL-KIDS Archives

CEL-KIDS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Steve & Diane Pintavalle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Aug 2001 10:16:11 -0400

I do not stand to profit in any way from the following recommendation but
for those of you who have not yet picked up a copy of Danna Korn's book
Celiac Kids, A Family Guide to Raising Happy Healthy Kids...go get a copy
now! I just finished reading it...what an awesome resource. We have been
living the GF life for over 3 years now...our son was diagnosed at age 3 and
a half and he is approaching 7 this fall. I feel confident that I can handle
most situations he will come across...parties, school projects, vacations,
dining at friends and relatives etc... I have a good command of the diet and
all it entails...but this book just really hit me in that other families are
experiencing the exact same things we are...her descriptions of people's
reactions to her son's diet needs were right on the mark...it was uncanny! I
laughed, chuckled and sometimes held back a few tears as I read her accounts
of what it is like to raise a celiac kid.

Like I said earlier...I know we are not supposed to promote any particular
products etc... on this list serve but this one is just too good to keep
quiet about. And Danna, if you are out there...thank you!!

Diane in CT