Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
John Chin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Jan 1999 13:25:07 -0500
> . . . you can just fold and strategically placed pieces
> of cardboard... and if your really thinking you can right
> down vital info on those as well (HD cylinders & heads,
> BIOS passwd. . .

I don't recommend the use of cardboard, or anything
with a low flash point, because of potential fire
hazard. Also, cardboard will retain moisture, which
might have a deleterious effect on the contacts
which extend from the bottom of the motherboard, if
operating in a humid environment.

These are worst case scenarios and are very, very
unlikely to happen but avoidance is always the
best policy. An abundance of caution is always
preferrable.

You can use plastic standoffs in the motherboard
mounting holes and snip off any excess material to
level the board with the bottom of the case. A
well-designed motherboard should have such
mounting holes in strategic locations throughout.

Regards,

John Chin