Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Dave Perry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Dec 1998 08:40:30 +1300
I have found that any device that starts to malfunction after a certain
amount of time is possibly being affected by heat build up. The modem may
have a bad component on it. I had a similar problem with a sound card that
would start out functioning fine when I turned the puter on but if for some
reason I did a restart the next time an exclatmation mark would appear in
device manager and the sound card wouldnt work properly. I actually ended
up replacing the motherboard because the ISA slot where the sound card went
into turned out to be malfunctioning. It was certainly caused by the system
heating up though.

At 12:53 22/12/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Posted for Arthur Chin Fatt <[log in to unmask]> by Bill Cohane.
>Please reply to PCBUILD or to Arthur.
>
>Hi
>
>I recently purchased a AMD K6-2 3D Now - 300mhz machine and I attached a
>Hayes Accura 33.6 modem. Whenever I am on the internet I work fine and
>after about 15 minutes it locks up the machine. It works fine whenever I
>am not on the internet. Does anyone have any ideas?
>
>Arthur Chin Fatt
>
>                         PCBUILD's List Owner's:
>                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
>                        Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>