From:
James Doubravsky <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Nov 1998 18:53:48 -0700

Bill Kane wrote:

>>   Recently I have noticed a couple of other sites which have decided to
>>also list celiac safe alcohols.  They are listing the VSOP Brandy by E&J
>>Gallo (which happens to be their finest brandy) as not gluten free.  I
>>have information from E&J on 6-24-98 that states that all of their
>>brandys EXCEPT Cask and Cream Liquor are gluten free.  They told me
>>specifically that E&J Brandy, E&J VSOP Brandy and E&J White Brandy are
>>all safe.  So drink any Brandy from E&J you like, except for the Cask
>>and Cream Liquor.

Hi Bill and Everybody,
    Bill wrote the above post. Because I had reserched Christian
Brothers Brandy some time ago I questioned the GF status of E&J Brandy,
e-mailed Bill and he gave me the phone no. that he had used for me to check out.
    Today I called Gallo Winery and talked to Rebecca. Gallo's ingreadiants
in there brandy is GF, however they age there brandy in used bourbon barrels.
    I suggest that you use your own judgement on this, I have no idea what
the probability of gluten making its way into the brandy from the used
bourbon barrels is, however I do avoid brandy untill I find one that uses
new barrels. Sorry Bill!

James  Doubravsky   Colorado  USA