From:
Laura Dolson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Nov 1998 07:25:54 -0800

>Does anyone  know if these Trader Joes soups are by Imagine Foods?

Yes, they are!  Thanks for reminding me; the woman giving out the samples
said they were made by Imagine.  So from what you say, they DO sound GF!
Hurray!

>Where I work, we sell soups that sound exactly like the ones being
>"made" by Trader Joe's.  There is mushroom, tomato, squash, sweet corn,
>gazpacho, broccoli, no-chicken broth, potato leek, and veg. broth.  I
>eat these soups nearly every day.  They are fantastic. (with a little
>corn-starch, the mushroom makes a delicious gravy).
>
>Trader Joe's does not make the majority of their foods, however.  They
>either contract out their products, or private label other companies
>products (like the Arrowhead Mills Corn Puffs).  Let's hope that TJ's
>has better communication with their food packagers!

It seems to me as though this is something they have been working hard to
develop, although they do make a statement that they cannot guarantee that
there is no cross-contamination, since they have no control over that.
Still, it seems that they check for obvious sources of cross contamination
at least to begin with, for example they don't put their rice crackers on
their GF list for this reason.

Laura