From:
Nancy Garniez <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Jul 1998 22:44:28 -0400

Dear List:
I am one of those celiacs who register no anesthesia effect from
Novocaine. In anticipation of major dentistry, and unwilling to cause
the terrible pain of our last mutual ordeal, my very competent and
conscientious  dentist researched the alternatives, and found:
         Carbocaine, and
        Mepivicaine.

In the past (before diagnosis) I have also had trigger point injections
with litocaine.

I would very much like to know if there is any negative experience to be
reported re these local anesthetics.

TIA.  I will gladly summarize.
Nancy in nyc