From:
"David A. Abbe" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Nov 1998 20:04:17 -0600
Hi all,

I have a Packard Bell Legend 68CD with the 512R motherboard in it.
It started ok a couple of times yesterday but then would not reboot.  Now
I can't get it to boot no matter what I try.  I checked the power supply
and looked for loose chips, or anything but all appears fine.  I have
checked the hard drive, ram, floppy drive, cd rom, keyboard, and mouse in
another system and all check out fine.  At the moment, I am trying to
start up with only keyboard, floppy, and ram installed but each time I
get three tones without video or anything.  The tones each last for about
2 seconds Low....High....Low....   then dead.  I believe it to have
Phoenix bios, it's not documented well.  I pulled the motherboard out and
visually inspected it as best as I can.  Heck, I dunno, what do I try
next??  Oh, it has a Pentium 60MHz processor, eight meg, built in ram, or
is it 4 forgot at the moment. It does not attempt to boot, stops right
off the bat with the tones, though the hard drive will spin up.  And it
isn't overclocked or anything.   Any ideas??
Thanks millions,
David A. Abbe