From:
Michael Gerke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Sep 1998 20:37:53 -0400
Recently I have found that when I attempt to read from certain CD-ROM's I
get a message
that tells me : (G:\ Is not accessable.  The device is not ready.)

This has happened with several CD's that I've received from MSN and AT&T
Worlnet. However, when I place my Encarta CD or music CD in my drive, it
works fine.

What could cause a perfectly new CD to become unable to be read?

If this only happened once, I would assume that it is just a faulty disc,
but it seems to be a reoccuring problem.

Any ideas?

I am running Windows 95, original version , on a 486DX/100 with a Mitsumi
FX400 4X CD.

TIA for any help you kind folks might be able to offer.

Best regards,

Michael Gerke
Horizon Technology Group
Romulus, MI USA