From:
John Farrow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Sep 1998 20:51:41 -0500
> I own an Aptiva M40 and dumped the MWAVE card entirely about 1 year ago.
> The software used by this device dumps files in many places including
> win.ini,system.ini,autoexec.bat and config.sys.  TO properly
> delete all the
> files you must run the 1st diskette of the MWAVE Install diskettes (I
> believe the "20d" version) to totally remove the software from the system.
> The uninstalll can take up to several minutes of time in which it seems no
> activity is occurring.   Be sure to also physically remove the
> card  also!!

Fred,
     I finally got it working thanks to some good info from John Chin about
some new installation files I down loaded from IBM.  I agree that the Mwave
should be replaced, as its a bear to work with!!!  BTW what processor do you
have in the Aptiva that you have.

John Farrow

                                  -----
       **Need help with PCBUILD mailing list? Send an Email to:**