From:
Lisa Sporleder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Sep 1998 20:52:30 ADT
> Even without the junk foods, the fact that we can only utilize
> 35g of protein at a time suggests that we are built for nibbling.

Even that "fact" is up for speculation.  As far as I have heard the
30-35g figure was the result of studies where people were fed mostly
plant sources of protein. Had they used a protein which is more
easily digested/absorbed, that figure could have been closer to 60g
or even higher.  Once again, adequate research on humans in the area
of protein nutrition just doesn't exist, especially when using *meat*
as the protein source and humans as the animal of study.

Lisa