Date:
Thu, 24 Sep 1998 10:04:37 -0700

>Come to think of it, there are a lot of anti-paleo messages in that book,
>aren't there!!

Speaking of messages, I just happened to notice in our "local" newspaper
(owned in Miami, almost 3000 miles away, by Knight Ridder Corp) , the following:

Just in one issue, there was an article about how "healthy" breakfast cereal
is for you. It was a huge article, and went into great detail, citing all
kinds of "experts" about how healthy cereal and milk  is for you.

The same day, there was another article about how Americans are not eating
"enough" fruits and veggies, kind of a scolding article.

And I think the same day, how to cook low fat holiday meals.

So, in the space of one day, the public received at least three anti paleo
type messages. (and there may have been more, I only skimmed the paper--)

Has anyone seen a pro meat article in the dominant media?

Why do they make anti paleo messages?

 Is it to please the advertisers like Kellogg? and to get more advertising
money? (Knight Ridder is a huge billion dollar business and gets millions or
billions from advertisers like Kellogg)

Or is to make people sick and get  ad money from pharmaceutical companies?

There is absolutely no attempt to provide balance and things like the cereal
article are presented as the gospel.

Not only that, Knight Ridder has bought up many of the few remaining papers
that used to be independents, so they pretty much have a monopoly on news.

 So, if the public is reading frequently that breakfast cereal plus milk is
very healthy, no wonder there are so many full page ads in the same paper
for diabetic supplies...