From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Sep 1998 05:39:44 -0400
On Mon, 14 Sep 1998 23:14:09 -0400, Aaron D. Wieland <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Amadeus believes that the high purine content of meat is toxic.
Yes, that's right. According to my reading humans dont have the ability
to use purins as a nitrogen- (protein-) source opposed
to hunting animals (as cats), who *can* use it.

I did mention this primarily as a reason not to eat protein as a
*caloric* supply.
There are good caloric supplies without purins - fat and carb.

Protein sources are always purin sources, since protein comes from
living cells, and purins come from the DNA, the genetic information
inside the cell.
A high purin content is in protein comeing from
animals, because animals are much mor
e sopisticated beeings than plants
and therefore have more genetic information per cell.
But if you compare purins comeing from plant protein or from meat
that's not so much of a difference (50-70 percent).
Much more important is how fast-growing the tissue was.
In this way skin (of fish and chicken) and organs (liver, kidney)
have really very much purin in it
- like bakers yeast has , compared to brewers yeast.

One exception btw is dairy protein (curd cheese) as long as it's
not processed by bacteria (sour). Here you have pure
animal protein without genetic information -purins- accompanied with.
Apparently a calve or a human (or a tiger ?) doesn't need it to grow big.

> I have
>found that purine-rich foods are absolutely essential to my health; if I
>don't eat dark meat for breakfast, my energy level suffers.

If it was from purins, then you should get a maximum of
energy
level from maybe chicken skin. Or Kidney.
So maybe it's something else especially in the read meat that gives you
your desired energy level.

regards

Amadeus