BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ken Follett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - His DNA is this long.
Date:
Mon, 14 Sep 1998 15:27:32 EDT
We have a project near Levitown, LI where we have to restore a concrete
sidewalk to match an existing historic sidewalk (1960's). The customer is
giving us something of a problem over the round black splotches on the surface
of the existing sidewalk. We either have to find a way to remove what we
believe to be old bubble gum (cross section looks kind of pink) without doing
damage to the substrate, or we have to find a way to accurately mimic dirty
gum on the new sidewalk. We are not sure if this is Bazooka, Wrigleys, or a
mixture of brands. Someone suggested Clove? We have sent samples off for
analysis and we have been talking to some food vendors about possible
substitute products to use. Has anyone had any experience with no-harm removal
of or outright faking of gum on sidewalks? Are there any guidelines for this
that conform with Secretary of Interior standards?

][<en Follett :)