VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 21 Feb 1998 23:45:29 -0500
On Tue, 17 Feb 1998, David Ingram wrote:

> hi what is this advocacy program all about.  I've been having problems with
> music equipment manufacturers puting things in to a readible format for those
> of us who are legally blind, totally blind and so on. I along with others
> would like to see some changes in the regard that music is how we make a
> living and we should be able to use our equipment as effectively as possible.

I was interested in this email up to this point because I thout it was
dealing with the issue of LED displays on the panels of synthesizers.
Printed materials con be scanned or accessed in other ways. Conputer
programs are also accessible through alternative means. But visual
displays on my drum machine, synthesizer and mini disc recorder, including
indicator lights, are a royal pain with no alternative means to access.

This fact has caused me far more frustration that windows. This is a
computer issue for visually impaired users and I am wondering if anybody
else on this list has similar conserns and comments.

Peter Seymour