VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jim Vaglia - TRFN Volunteer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jim Vaglia - TRFN Volunteer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Jan 1998 19:19:01 -0500
When writing to Cathy Anne Murtha producer of the Speech Friendly Ribbon
Award with regards to Pittsburgh blindness related web sites which I
wanted reviewed I received the following information from Cathy Anne
Murtha
For those not familiar with a web ring it is a circle of web pages with a
common interest, or theem such as blindness all linked to each other
around the world.  (Like holding hands.)  For more info on web rings fire
up your web browser and visit:
http://www.webring.org/ringworld/

The web ring which Cathy mentions involves the use of forms for providing
the required information for joining the ring which may be a little
difficult to use if you are a web page designer who is not used to working
with forms.
It is free to add your page to the speech friendly web ring, Jim.

Tutorials designed with the blind in mind!
http://trfn.clpgh.org/vipace/tutorials.html

Visit the Chatterbox at http://www.lm.com/~jvaglia/chatbox.html
Start of text.
From: Cathy Anne Murtha <[log in to unmask]>
To: Jim Vaglia - TRFN Volunteer <[log in to unmask]>

Thank you for your request for the Speech Friendly Ribbon
Award.  I am eager to help all those who have requested a
review.  unfortunately, I am really backed up on review
requests and it have found myself several months behind in
my reviews.

Because of this backup, I have found a much simpler way to
assist me in reviewing the sites and am going to ask for
the assistance of all who would sincerely like to help
maintain access to the web and would like to display the
ribbon.

I have started a "speech friendly web ring" on the
Internet.  This interface allows me immediate access to the
site of the individual and eases my ability to review the
site for accessibility.

If you are still interested in displaying the ribbon, this
interface will allow me to review your site much more
quickly.  I am hoping you will visit
http://www.wwwebit.com/magical-mist/sfwr.html and submit
your site to the ring.  If you are not interested in
joining the ring, but only in displaying the ribbon award,
please indicate this by placing **ribbon** at the bottom of
your site description.

I hope you will accept my sincere apologies for this
inconvenience.  I am truly feeling overwhelmed and need to
streamline the process a bit.  Thank you SO much for your
cooperation!

Cathy Anne Murtha
Speech Friendly Ribbon Award / Speech Friendly Web Ring
administrator.

End of text.

At 10:23 PM 10/28/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Hello Cathy,
>Would you Please review the Western Pa BOLD web page at
the following url-
>http://trfn.clpgh.org/bold
>Thanks Cathy, Jim.

Cathy Anne Murtha
Magical Mist Creations
Contact me on pagoo! Call toll free 1-888-pagoo62   I.D.#
6476104
Join the Speech Friendly Web Ring!
http://www.wwwebit.com/magical-mist/sfwr.html