VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kelly Pierce <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kelly Pierce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Mar 1999 07:01:44 -0600
This was sent to me rather than to the entire list.  I am passing it along
for David.

kelly

From: David Goldfield <[log in to unmask]>

Since some of you may get questions on where to purchase tutorials to learn
Windows 95, I thought I'd pass this information along.  Some of you may
know about some of these products, but some of you may not.  The only thing
in this list which may not be correct are the products from Magical Mist
Creations, as Cathy Ann Murtha may not be involved with that company any
longer.

>From: Mary Anne Mazanec <[log in to unmask]>
>
>I got the following information at the CSUN Disabilities Conference.  I
>thought that if you are asked about Windows training tutorials for the
>blind it would be good to have all the souces that AFB gives to
>consumers.
>
> AMERICAN FOUNDATION FOR THE BLIND
>National Technology Program
>11 Penn Plaza Suite 300
>New York, NY 10001
>Phone: (212) 502-7642
>e-mail: [log in to unmask]
>
>SOURCES OF WINDOWS-BASED TUTORIALS
>
>The following tutorials are available to assist people
>who are blind or visually impaired in learning to use
>Windows 3.x or 95 and Windows applications.  Contact the
>manufacturers to confirm pricing and availability.
>
>CrissCross Technologies
>110-64 Queens Blvd. #406
>Forest Hills, NY 11375
>(718) 268-6988
>e-mail: [log in to unmask]
>http://www.crisscrosstech.com
>
>Cassette tutorials that teach basic and advanced features
>of Windows 95, Windows 3.x and popular Windows
>applications with synthetic speech. Titles include:
>"Speaking of Windows 95", 6 cassettes, $60; "Speaking of
>Microsoft Word", 6 cassettes, $75; "Speaking of
>Corel WordPerfect", 6 cassettes, $75; "Speaking of the
>Internet: Internet Explorer, Netscape Navigator and
>Eudora", 6 cassettes, $75; "Speaking of
>Microsoft Excel", 4 cassettes, $75; and "Speaking of Windows 3.x",
>4 cassettes, $50.
>
>Ellis Enterprises
>5035 Geraldine Dr.
>Lansing, MI 48917
>(888) 888-9533
>
>Adapted versions of commercially available tutorials from
>Fliptrack with keyboard commands added.
>
>Iowa Department for the Blind
>524 Fourth Street
>Des Moines, IA 50309-2364
>(515) 281-1391
>e-mail: [log in to unmask]
>http://www.blind.state.ia.us/assist
>
>Project ASSIST with Windows, funded by the U.S.
>Department of
>Education and conducted by the Iowa Department for the
>Blind, is
>developing free cassette and disk-based tutorials on
>using popular Windows applications with particular screen
>readers.  Each tutorial focuses on a different
>combination of Windows application and screen reader. The
>materials will cover Windows 3.x and '95 with: Microsoft
>Office Suite, Corel WordPerfect Suite, Lotus Smart Suite,
>and Netscape Navigator and MS Internet Explorer.
>
>Magical Mist Creations
>2400 East Lincoln Ste. 150
>Anaheim,  CA 92806-4260
>(714) 490-1011
>E-mail Tom Baccanti [log in to unmask] or
>Cathy Murtha [log in to unmask]
>http://www.wwwebit.com/magical-mist
>
>Tutorials are available on disk: $35; cassette $45;
>in large print: $50; or in braille $75.  Titles include:
> [...]

      Godspeed
     David Goldfield