From:
Wendy Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Jan 1999 22:13:08 EST
Hello and thank you to all who gave me useful tips!

I downloaded new drivers, verified the type of memory (SGRAM), checked to
ensure the module was put in correctly (it was) and tried the Matroxusers
forum - very useful.  Unfortunately, it appears that the memory is bad OR the
connecting slot on the board is bad.  I'm returning the memory first and
getting the module directly from Matrox.  If the new module still doesn't
work, I'll return the card.  If anyone knows a better method, please let me
know.  One interesting thing...when I ran the BCM diagnostics, it reported
that I had 4 mgs of video ram even though the utility that come with the G200
(Power Desk) reported 8 mgs!?  I would like to add that the Matroxusers forum
was an excellent source of help.  Not only do they have very friendly and
experienced users, they have Matrox technicians who must "listen in" and a
Matrox Tech Mgr who answers on the forum if you address the subject to her.
(One Matorx Tech - who was at home - sent me a very helpful email message
within minutes of my post!)  Anyway, that's my story, at least so far!

Regards,
Wendy Brown

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html