From:
Eric Greenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Jan 1999 20:48:01 -0500
Just to follow up on this, I had already cleaned the rollers once, but
apparently did not do such a good job of it.  This time I used a cloth rag
soaked in Windex (believe it or not!) and ran the rollers (three of them on
this model) for about 1 full minute in each direction on each roller.  You
wouldn't believe the garbage I removed from them.  It was incredible.

After that I tested and the thing is working better than new!

Thanks all.  You save me about $200 for the new printer I was looking at and
kept my wife happy for a few more days 8-).  That is, until the computer show
this Sunday ;-)

At 07:56 PM 1/7/99 -0500, you wrote:
>I have been working on printers for years HP originally had a kit now I just
>use
>scotch
>brite & rubber cleaner, but be careful,  then a rag to finish. Again be
careful
>also not to get the rag stuck
>Eric Greenberg wrote:
>
>> At 05:08 AM 1/6/99 -0500, you wrote:
>> >Eric,
>> >
>> >Most printer feed problems are caused by the feed rollers over time
>> >getting paper dust imbedded in the rubber and they become very slick.
>> >With a damp cloth clean the rollers all the way arround. If that does
>> >not work then you can find a spray rubber restorer that will do a good
>> >job.
>> >
>> >Hope this helps,
>> >Jim Killmaster
>>
>> Thanks Jim.  Someone at work suggested the same thing today.  While I have
>> already tried cleaning the rollers, I'm going to use some rubber restorer
>soon
>> and see if that does the trick.
>>
>> Eric
>>
>>             Do you want to signoff PCBUILD or just change to
>>                     Digest mode - visit our web site:
>>                     http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html
>
>         The PCBUILD web site always needs good submissions.  If
>          you would like to contribute to the website, send any
>               hardware tech tips or hardware reviews to:

Eric

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html