From:
Earl Truss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Sep 1998 06:24:02 -0600
At 06:59 AM 9/28/98 -0700, you wrote:

>    True, and a good point, however there is an exception. Very little
software out there specified to require a Pentium actually use any special
feature of the Pentium, only the speed boost, so although a software
package says it requires a P75 or better (or whatever) it will most likely
work on 486 class machines. The

This is something that is sometimes difficult to find out without simply
trying the software to see if it works.  If the software says it requires a
certain speed CPU,  it likely means it needs any CPU that will run at that
speed but if it says it needs a certain speed Pentium CPU, does it mean it
needs a Pentium class CPU or any CPU of that speed?  Hard to tell.  Before
I switched to a Pentium class CPU (AMD actually), I found lots of games
that said they needed a Pentium 90 and they would not run on my AMD 586-133.

                                  -----
       **Need help with PCBUILD mailing list? Send an Email to:**