From:
Gary Perkins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Sep 1998 12:45:36 -0700
Don't know if any of this will help?!

I have a USRobotics 33.6, internal, factory (Gateway) installed.  I just
installed the new drivers (X2), and have every tweak my comm system can
have, or at least I think I do.

I'm not any type of expert on modem's so all I can relate is the basic speed
information I receive, and the time involved for downloads.  To wit, where
the connection speed was listed as 28.8K, with the new drivers the listed
connection Kb/sec has jumped to 52K, and usually around 54K plus.  The last
download was yesterday, an update from Symantec(auto update of virus defs),
1477Kb took just over 6 minutes, where it would have taken a bit under 15
prior to the new drivers.

If there is any information I can provide about my system or how its setup,
my ISP, or the local connection please let me know.  I'll probably need
instructions on just how to locate whatever you need.  See, no expert.

Gary Perkins
Search, Recruitment, Consulting
Phone: (503) 581-2554
Fax: (503) 370-8812