From:
Geoff Stanford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Sep 1998 13:01:13 -0500
Good stuff, Lynn.   When I was a medical student, in the 1930's, a recently
qualified intern was dating a nurse-in-training.  She told him that all the
new girls (it was a residential job in those days) stopped menstruating for
some months (from anxiety, home-sickness, overwork, shock) and that when
they started again it was in synchronism with all the others.  He asked his
father about that.  The father, it so happened, was the senior professor of
Obstetrics;  this was the first he had heard  of synchronised menstruation.
and he published this 'discovery' in the medical press.

Now about sterile girl friends and dog's milk.  Some stupid things are going
on here.  Don't sign out in disgust;  ask them to sign out if you want to be
so rude;  say we are a serious scientific group studying dietary principles,
not a lonely hearts club.
At least, that is why I signed in recently (scientific, I mean, not lonely).

Paleofood.  Just what are you talking about?  I suppose it to mean Stone Age
diets?  Of the Homo sapiens species?  Neanderthal?  Homo erectus?  Before or
after the adoption of fire for cooking?  Hunting-gathering, before animal
husbandry and agriculture began?  Have we/you a manifesto to define these
criteria for our/your use as we write to each other.    Please tell me, so I
can relate                          Geoff