From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Sep 1998 09:09:27 -0400
... part 2 ....

I (try to) follow an approach in the spirit of the Hunter-Gather
that is not exactely what Rays book describes.
But in my opinion I'm pretty much closer to
the guideline "naked with a sharp stick"
than much of what is written in some of his following chapters.

Example:
A pig (recommended in Neanderthin) is a heavily degenerated animal that
looks and tastes totally different from a wild boar.
And its meat has a completely different composition in many aspects.

Try to meet a wild boar in the woods "naked with a sharp stick".
It could possibly convince you to better collect some hazels.

I can't understand why I'm attacked in myself not eating meats.
I don't claim that to be a necessary attitude for a
 healthy diet
(depending on quantities).
I just doubt Ray's answer in Neanderthins Q&A part that
as vegetarian one couldn't live a paleo-lifestyle.
The reasons given there (protein and iron) are weak.

Btw:
I sometimes prefer to call Hunter-Gatherer Gatherer-Hunter because
in h/g g/h societies I know of gathering makes up the most important
part of the diet in terms of
caloric supply, vitamin supply and even protein supply.

>   Wade Reeser   [log in to unmask]

regards

Amadeus Schmidt