From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Sep 1998 13:17:53 -0400
On Wed, 2 Sep 1998, JoAnn Betten wrote:

> glad to see you back.  could you please be a tiny bit more detailed about
> the 'paleonut' variation?  i've been stalled on weight loss for a while, i
> was trying to blend NeanderThin with the D'Adamo's blood type diet for a
> type "O", to no avail.  what do you do, substitute nuts for red meat in your
> diet, do you also cut back on white meat too?

I set aside about 2 cups of mixed nuts per day as my "allowance,"
just to keep track of things.  Nutritionally, this comes to about
1,600 calories, about 48g of protein, 70g of carbs, of which 25
are fiber, so the "effective" carb count is 45g.  For meats, I
use the leanest I can find, in relatively small portions.  I eat
salad greens and other greens, but not in quantities that make
much of a caloric contribution (i.e., not by the bushel).  The
idea is to get most of my calories from the fat in the nuts, and
to split the protein between the nuts and the meat.  If I don't
eat fruit, I drop into ketosis readily on this plan.  But I'm not
particularly interested in being in ketosis, so I do usually eat
1 or 2 pieces of fruit per day, usually grapefruit or pineapple.

So, my caloric intake varies between 2,000 and maybe 2,400
calories, which is low enough for me to lose weight slowly.  I
don't have that much weight to lose, but it's satisfying to see
it finally starting to go.  This diet is completely
Neanderthin-compliant, but emphasizes different fats.  Seems to
work for me.

Todd Moody