From:
Molly NíDána <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 22 May 1997 07:55:36 +0800
> A quesion re. feeding dogs.  Before discovering Paleothin, I fed our dogs on
> what I thought was a "natural" diet, including oatmeal, raw meats, grated
> fruits & veggies, raw egg once or twice a week, a little olive oil, nuts for
> treats...  About a month ago, I omitted the oatmeal and upped the meat
> concentration.

Are they getting any bones? We feed our Belgian Tervuren chicken
carcasses and turkey wings with periodic beef knucklebones as the
staple of their diet, with occasional smooshed vegetables and such.
I most  highly recommend a book called "Give Your Dog a Bone" by Dr.
Ian Billinghurst, DVM. I ordered it from Australia last year, as many
Commonwealth show breeders were talking about it on our dog lists,
and it is now available in the US through Direct Book Service Dog and
Cat Book Catalog, 1-800-776-2665.  Closest thing to a Neanderthin
type book for dogs I've encountered yet!

The difference in coat and vigor for our two is impressive.

Sla/n go fo/ill

Molly Ni/Da/na
San Francisco, CA