From:
"Karen L. Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Jul 1998 02:20:27 -0400

 I am new to the list and need advice.  My husband and two sons are
 intolerant of gluten foods.  My youngest has problems with many other
 foods and I have a difficult time putting any diversity into his diet.
 Just to keep this short I'll focus on just a few questions-

 Can anyone tell me anything about "disaccharide intolerance?"  What are
 the symptoms?  What foods contain larger quantities of disaccharides?  How
 is it diagnosed?  (Our family doctor's nurse said that this is usually
 brought on by cd or other pre-existing problems)

 My youngest son (2 yrs. old) swells up and belches (and sometimes even
 vomits) a strong yeast smell,  whenever he eats certain foods which he is
 intolerant of.  Does anyone recognize this.

 Thanks much,
 Karen
 Columbia,MO