Date:
Mon, 28 Sep 1998 22:07:01 -0500

>or six computer menus, I finally got to talk to a real person who
>confirmed that there is a 'starch' in the medication I was asking about,
>but she said she was not able to define it any more precisely than that
>for me as I am the CONSUMER.

Good god, wonders never cease!  I'm surprised, as I had the totally
opposite reaction when I called my pharmaceutical companies
to get the gluten status of my anti-convulsants. I did get transferred
a lot, and my colon got talked about a lot ... One company did
take 5 weeks to call back -- but the chemist's assistant called
me every week, just to say "we haven't forgotten about you."

In both instances the head chemist of the company called back,
and they were very very knowledgeable.

However, I am still getting a run-around with Bayer about
its Alka-Seltzer Cold Plus  ... they say GF and have written
to other list members saying GF ... but, they chippy told me
on the phone that the alka seltzer part is GF, but the
binder is not. Harrumph, honk, snort.

Tracey in Connecticut   GF lodging:  http://www.innseekers.com/feature.htm