From:
Susan Mercier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Sep 1998 19:08:22 -0600

Hi, I know exactly what you are saying ...

My husband, diagnosed with Celiac at nine months old (infant) was told that
he 'outgrew' the disease when he was 13 yrs old.  It was not until he was 34
that he had a biopsy to confirm celiac, and then back on to a strict gf
diet.  Prior to biopsy, he has ups and downs in weight, bloating, foul
stools, etc. ... off and on.  When he first went GF, he seemed to drop
weight all of sudden, but we now think that the weight might have just been
bloating.  Then he started to gain weight and always seems hungry.  Now he
cannot fit any of his clothes and is gaining weight rapidly.  Eats very
nutitiously and can't seem to shed the additional weight.

He recently spoke to the Doctor about it and he is going to see a gastro who
is going to check for 'absorbtion' and if the villi have healed.  The Doctor
thinks that his body is kinda mixed up right now and needs to adjust to the
nutrients it has been starved of for years.

I'd be interested to know what you find out from others.  My husbands
appointment is tomorrow ... I'll let you know if anything comes to light ...
suggestions, etc.

Take Care,
Susan in Calgary