From:
Katie Bretsch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Jun 1998 16:30:21 -0700

For grinding your own unprocessed herbs and spices, I found a nifty spice
grinder at Lechter's kitchenware store. It has a grinder mechanism which
screws on top of a set of three spice jars. You get the grinder, three
jars and two spare jar tops for storage. You swap the grinder top among
the jars to alternate spices.

I found that it works well, with the note that the finest setting was
still a bit coarser than ideal to me.  Also, you can count on a bit of
the last used spice still being in the mechanism. I will probably get
three: one for savory spices, one for  sweet spices and one for hot stuff
like pepper, mustard seed, etc. Has a 25 year warranty.

The grinder top also fits some Schilling and Durkee brand spice jars I
already had (which could easily be ten years old and out of production).

Product info:  Gemco "Peppermill and Spice Grinder Set"  -- item number
3310.
Distributor info:  Gemco Ware, Inc., Freeport, NY 11520 -0813.

I have no interest in any of the companies named.