From:
Susan Mercier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Jun 1998 19:56:47 -0600

I sent an email to Celestial Seasonings regarding GF teas, received the
following response:

Thank you for taking the time to send us an e-mail.

We appreciate your interest in our company and its products, and
we greatly value your comments.  Our goal is to offer only the
finest quality products and service; people like you help us
reach that goal.

our products contain hydrolyzed vegetable proteins.  Celestial
Seasonings uses only natural flavors, primarily derived from fruits or
spices.  Some natural flavors are extracted using grain alcohol derived
from corn.  According to our reference sources, this should not be an
area of concern and should not interfere with a gluten-free regimen.

Persons who have reactions to gluten should avoid consuming any
wheat, barley, oats or rye.  Some Celestial products contain roasted
barley and/or roasted barley malt.  They are always listed on the label
when present.   These include, but may not be limited to (check the
labels, we are constantly adding new ones):  Almond Sunset, English
Toffee, Ginseng Plus, Roastaroma, Sugar Plum Spice, Vanilla Hazelnut.

We encourage you to call us toll-free at 1-800-351-8175 if you
have additional questions or would like further information about
our products.  We value your continued interest in our company.

Thank you again for contacting us.
Sleepy Bear

Good News for all the Herbal Tea Lovers!!!

Susan