From:
Olivia Kogler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Apr 1999 07:31:33 EST

Already I have gotten a number of responses.  Everyone likes the food but
many complaints about their delivery.  Some to the point of saying they will
not order from them again.  Calling about orders does not seem to have solved
the problem that people have had.  Since everyone likes the food I decided to
call the company and see what they had to say about their delivery.  I
explained about the comments that I had gotten regarding the delivery
problems.  The person I talked to in customer service told me that they are
aware of the problems and are working to correct them.  They have installed a
new computer system which will be able to tell if the product is currently
ready for shipment at the time of the order (you must ask the question).
Also they had been holding up orders for any item that was not immediately
available.  Now since you can find out what is back ordered you can drop any
backordered item from your order and it will be shipped out immediately.
They are also investigating other methods of delivery.  The person I talked
with told me that they were overwhelmed with the response that they got and
were not prepared for the volume of business they received.  They are
grateful for it and are doing their best to rectify their mistakes.  I am not
pushing the company one way or the other as I have no interest in them.  I am
just passing on what I was told.  Perhaps if others called or e mailed them
we can provide them with input on what they can do to serve us better.  Also
call for yourself to see if you get the same response that I did.  I guess
for the time being you can try it but don't count on it.  Have a back up plan.

In general people seemed to  think that ordering food to be delivered to
where you are going was a good idea.  Only one person had tried it (having
bread delivered to a hotel) and it worked ok for them.  Especially if you are
staying with relatives it seems it would save a lot of time looking and
shopping for food when you could be out having fun.

Will summarize again on any more responses I receive.  Olivia in VA