Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sun, 13 Sep 1998 20:05:56 -0500
From:
A & C Williams <[log in to unmask]>

Hi - my husband has just been diagnosed with this, and is in the process of
getting on a gluten-free diet.  He has started with a lower backache
tonight, and the muscle soreness extends down the backs of his legs.  He
was fine until he ate some applesauce bread that I made from THE GLUTEN
FREE GOURMET COOKS FAST AND HEALTHY by Bette Hagman.  As a matter of fact,
he is doing so great that he is off all of his allergy meds and his nose is
doing fine.

So, we are curious what this back and leg pain could be.  Can this be a
symptom of celiac disease or food withdrawal?  I realize it is possible he
could be allergic to one of the flours used in the GF flour mix, such as
white rice flour, potato starch flour or Tapioca flour.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  If this does not let up, he will
be calling the doctor.

Thanks,

Cheri Williams