NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Amanda Lucas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Feb 1999 13:23:56 -0800
For each cup of milk I Use 1 tablespoon of lemon
juice and then enough oat milk to make a cup.  Let it
stand for a couple of minutes.  I tried this because
lemon juice & regular milk mixed this way is an
"emergency" substitute for buttermilk listed in my
cookbook.  Tried it one day in my spice cake recipie,
it works fine.  My DH says that the only difference
is the Oat milk does flavor the cake a bit, but in a
spice cake, it is no big deal.  Not sure how it would
work in Soda Bread.  Good luck!

Manda

---Heidi Schwartz <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I have a recipe for Irish Soda Bread that calls for
buttermilk. Does anyone