CELIAC-DIABETES Archives

Celiac-Diabetes Support List

CELIAC-DIABETES@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Cynthia C." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Aug 1998 09:43:26 EDT

What I wanted to know was why at times is it called just plain "Celiac
disease" and other times called "Celiac/Sprue".  I wanted to know if there was
a difference in diseases.  I appreciate you'r input and advice.  Thank you for
all the web sites and information.  I was wondering why certain foods
mentioned at different times don't bother me at all.  For instance, Ive been
eating macaroni for years and it has never bothered me.  MSG is another
ingredient that doesnt give me trouble.  However, I can't eat oranges because
I get the same symptoms..Hard to figure that one out. This is also fairly new
anyway.  Scalli Bread also seems to not bother me.  It's as if the more
processed the flour the better for me, however if they put Gluten in it as an
additive, im finished and in the bathroom dealing with the awful after
affects.

 I am grateful for this Digest and appreciate all of you.
Thanks for the puffed rice suggestion.
Cynthia in Boston