VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 1 Jul 1997 02:42:44 -0400
Yes, you are right that speech is a more popular option than braille--at least
here in the States.  This is primarily due to the fact that
braille displays are prohibitively expensive for the average person, and that
braille is not being taught as much as it maybe should be in the public schools.
I happen to use the PowerBraille 40 exclusively to access my computer and much
prefer braille to speech.
Rachel Graff